Philosophia efere epististemosune. Philosophia ferei epististemosune.

Share | 
 

 Favorite philosopher

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 225
Location : Plateau

PostSubject: Favorite philosopher   Sun May 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Who's your favorite philosopher?
Mine is Karl Marx, although I disagree with the most his opinions, he inspires me to always persist doing something. And especially to hold on your ideas.

If you don't know who Karl Marx is, click here to find out!
Back to top Go down
http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 96
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 20
Location : Candyland

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Sun May 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Aristotle FTW

_______________________________________
Co-Founder of [b]Vocati[/b] [b]Socratem[/b], if you have any questions about the forum, please feel free to PM me
Back to top Go down
DOOKIE
Member
Member


Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-05-02
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Wed May 05, 2010 8:24 am

Agreed with CAPS LOCK.
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 225
Location : Plateau

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Wed May 05, 2010 11:32 am

I disagree, both Plato and Aristotle were racists, they saw the Greece as a superior race, and Egyptian were dumber, according to them, because of the nice Mediterranean climate in Greece, and the desert in Egypt.
Back to top Go down
http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz
DOOKIE
Member
Member


Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-05-02
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Wed May 05, 2010 11:47 am

Oh wellz lol.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 96
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 20
Location : Candyland

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Wed May 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Rehua wrote:
I disagree, both Plato and Aristotle were racists, they saw the Greece as a superior race, and Egyptian were dumber, according to them, because of the nice Mediterranean climate in Greece, and the desert in Egypt.

Maybe they were right Surprised

_______________________________________
Co-Founder of [b]Vocati[/b] [b]Socratem[/b], if you have any questions about the forum, please feel free to PM me
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 225
Location : Plateau

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Wed May 05, 2010 4:46 pm

CAPS LOCK wrote:
Rehua wrote:
I disagree, both Plato and Aristotle were racists, they saw the Greece as a superior race, and Egyptian were dumber, according to them, because of the nice Mediterranean climate in Greece, and the desert in Egypt.

Maybe they were right Surprised

It's the same thing as Hitler saying that people with blue eyes and blond hair are greater than others.
Back to top Go down
http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz
The Summer of Love
Member
Member


Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-05-03
Age : 21
Location : In between the rock hall and the football hall

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Yeah, and he himself had dark hair and eyes, and certainly WASN'T athletic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/100percentbored
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 96
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 20
Location : Candyland

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 pm

The Summer of Love wrote:
and certainly WASN'T athletic.

I don't think that that's a very good way to judge character Razz

_______________________________________
Co-Founder of [b]Vocati[/b] [b]Socratem[/b], if you have any questions about the forum, please feel free to PM me
Back to top Go down
The Summer of Love
Member
Member


Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-05-03
Age : 21
Location : In between the rock hall and the football hall

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Fri May 07, 2010 5:42 am

But he sent people to their deaths for not being, say, athletic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/100percentbored
Abiohazard
Member
Member


Posts : 59
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 106
Location : Jacksonville, FL

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Sat May 08, 2010 1:23 am

I have to say Aristotle.
Back to top Go down
Ein
Member
Member


Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-05-05
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 pm

CAPS LOCK wrote:
Aristotle FTW

I wouyld have to agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Derderder
Banned
Banned


Posts : 26
Join date : 2010-05-02
Age : 21
Location : im just a figment of your pure imagination.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Sat May 08, 2010 5:56 pm

einstotle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LostOddMan
Member
Member


Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Sat May 08, 2010 7:57 pm

CAPS LOCK wrote:
Aristotle FTW

I'll say this.
Back to top Go down
AJiLe
Member
Member


Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Mon May 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Karl Marx, eh? I actually do have respect for that opinion. People think that since Karl Marx was the inventor of communism, he was a bad person. However, this is not true.

The only reason why people think communism is "bad" is because it is associated with a totalitarian government, which as you can see, has failed in many countries in the world, including the USSR, Nazi Germany, and Italy.

However, the idea of having a communist economy is actually a very smart idea. Everyone having an equal amount, the government controlling so it's equal, is quite good when you have too many people that are rich or poor, but not enough middle class. I even asked my mom and dad on their opinions about communism, because they were born and raised in the present day Siberia/Ukraine, and they said that communism is a great idea, it justs fails in today's society because people are not willing to have the same amount as someone else. That is why communism cannot work in the world today, because people are greedy.

Now I know you pro-democracy people are gonna rant on this. Especially you, Ein. Communism has it's downs, true, such as their is no free market, and people have to all be equal, even in the times of war an poverty, but think about it, let's say that America was in a state of division, with one half being brutally poor and the other half being very rich, and the poor people would always be poor, and the rich always be rich, what would you rather choose - capitalism or communism? ;]

But I'd have to say that I have no favourite philosopher, I just believe in the ideas of many before me. :]
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 225
Location : Plateau

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Mon May 10, 2010 8:43 pm

I like the ideas of Marx, but I don't think they are possible to work practically. I mean, just look at Lenin-Marxism, the communism that we know today, or Maoism in China, it's not what the ideas of Marx were meant to be used for. A group of people are the boss; the communist party, and everyone else is poor, not the equal system as Marx predicted that would happen.
But, I think capitalism is still better, because it works, but, let's not forget, that a lot of todays ideas are including Marx's theories.
Back to top Go down
http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz
James
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Tue May 11, 2010 3:10 am

I am a socialist, and do feel Marx was a brilliant man. I personally hate capitalism, I mean, I understand the desire people have to be wealthy, and that it drives us to earn that. BUT no one person deserves a better life due to their money status.. All money does is inspire greed, hatred, war, class divisions.. So making it the focus of society brings all those.

I feel every single person deserves to be on the same level, no more or less.
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 225
Location : Plateau

PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Tue May 11, 2010 8:08 pm

I agree with the theory. It just doesn't seem to work practically.
Back to top Go down
http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Favorite philosopher   Today at 7:06 am

Back to top Go down
 
Favorite philosopher
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Favorite hobbies?
» Judo is my favorite sport
» Your Favorite Inspirational Quotes
» This is my most favorite true Horse story.
» Favorite Music Videos/Clips

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vocati Socratem :: Debate and Philosophy :: Philosophy-
Jump to: